Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Week 6 EOC: Me x 3

I tend not to be a materialistic person, of course there are things that i would like to have in my everyday life but they are not things easily bought on budget. I live my life very simply and for my defining things just are not myself. Obviously every person buys health care products, things that improve their hygene. So I could not say that "oh I buy toothpaste and that defines the person that I am." What I can say for myself is that I enjoy reading so books would be a defining factor of myself. Not all books obviously but books pertaining to life outside my own. I love to read and be taken out of my world and put into another. For that amount of time I'm not worried about my own issues because for that moment I have none. Books are a way for me to not focus so much on what my life is like but gives me a reason to allow my mind to wander, without reading I can not truly say that I would be the person that I am today. Reading has always been a big factor in my life. Growing up for me was not the easiest we had a poor family and even though I was loved very much by my family I moved around a lot so I didn't have many freinds and I could always rely on books to be there for me. The next thing that I believe would define myself would be paper and pens and yes they are linked together and for a purpose. I not only read books I also like to write them. I enjoy creating a world on paper, one that is mine, something I came up with. A world that is more easily controlled and changed. I was able to take the hardships of my life and make the character in a book I was writing find a way to conquer that issue. I have always liked to think of myself as a creative person and writing was my calling. I can not draw but I can create and the way I did that was through character creations and creating worlds to go with those characters. Even though they may have been fiction they still helped to shape the person that I am today and for that writing has alwsay been a defining part of my life. Finally and I just realized this calling not to long ago would have to be anything that has to deal with a camera. I love taking photographs and no not of myself but of actual meaningful things to myself. Such as nature, what better way to get away from it all then by just leaving your worries behind and going on a nice camping trip or hiking. I believe that people forget what else is out there and i want to remind them of that. The way that I do this is by taking pictures of what I see out in the wilderness. Taking a photograph that creates life long memories. The world is to caught up in moving forward that it forgets to stop and enjoy the scenery. Well I for one do not want to be swept up and caught by the hussle and bussle of daily life. I would rather take it one step at a time and enjoy it while creating beautiful pictures in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment