Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service


Great customer service I believe is mainly what we as a society truly want when we are out and about. We constantly look to others to make our lives better if we are not happy with them. The customer service business as a whole is created and should focus mainly on just that. When hired at any customer service place one of the first things told to the employees is “The customer is always right,” and under any and all circumstances relating to how their experience is whether it be a restaurant or a store, it is the employee/manager/owner to make it all better. We go out to eat not just to get great food but also have people wait on us hand and foot. It is nice to have someone cook for you, bring you everything you need, and to clean up the mess when we are done. How could this not be something we look forward to with customer service? When I personally go out shopping I look for the person that says hi to me. It lets me know that they have acknowledged me and know that I am there. By a simple smile and one word it better helps me to be able to ask questions when I need to. It helps me to warm up to the environment around me. With the economy being the way it is customer service has tripled within the last eight years. That does not mean that everyone who has gone into customer service enjoys the fact that they are there but making the best out of the situation not only helps us day to day but also makes the experience for the guests better. Customers are the ones who pay the average persons salary without them then more people would be without work. We encounter some sort of customer service every single day; we are there for the experience that it gives us as well as the value we get out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment